Sexual Assault Centre Kingston is a not-for-profit organization providing free, confidential, non-judgemental support for all survivors of recent and/or historic sexual violence in Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) since 1978.
A Community Free From Sexual Violence
At the heart of our work is a deep partnership with our community and all its members. Together, we work to:
- Support individuals and their loved ones to heal from sexual violence
- Educate individuals and organizations on the impact of sexual violence
- Organize and advocate for systemic and social change required to end sexual violence
- We understand that the resiliency and bravery of survivors is the foundation of all our work.We are guided by the voice of survivors in all aspects of our work, and we respect and honour all the decisions they make about their lives;
- We ground everything we do in a feminist, AR/AO Framework, including learning from struggles and movements against racism and other oppressions. This means we are committed to recognizing and challenging the lack of accessible, appropriate services for survivors of sexual violence. We particularly recognize the impact of colonization and racism on Indigenous girls and women;
- We seek to identify and remove barriers that might exist for the communities we serve in accessing our programs and services;
- We know that our greatest partner is our community; they are a key target for change, and we can’t achieve our goals without them;
- We use a trauma-informed approach to our work, in recognition of the profound effect of sexual violence on survivors.